Wednesday 24 December 2014

Vive la Marseille!

Vive la France tout le monde!

In today's post I would like to show you a little bit of my incredible trip to Marseille in PAC region, which I got told that stands for: la Provence, les Alpes and le Côte d'Azur! I have to admit, it was one of the best things which happened to me in my whole life :)


View at the port

Living there in a nice villa with an outdoor pool and french food lovers, I have explored the best parts of the culture, especially the gastronomy and le grasse-matinée :D


La salade niçoise- I was really afraid to try, but it was worth it!
 For sure, not only my language got more french, but also my stomach with the lazy mornings full of Nesquik and Ricoré, as well as les tartines de baguette avec de la confiture and le jus d'orange. These were always followed by le déjeuner and le dessert. (and obviously l'apéro avec du fromage, le saucisson et la baguette) I felt like I was in heaven!

Park near the place where I lived
We walked through the narrow streets, feeling the breeze from the sea or to be more precise le Mistral, but still boiling because of the Sun of the South.

That was the artistic street where paintings were presented from the beginning to the end
The colours of houses were slightly pale but still rich because of long rose vain tossing the balconies  
 I am really ashamed of myself, as I had quite a lot of pizza, however we have found a cameral pizzeria on the beach called Tropicana, which was hidden below the Pascal kitchen. Have a look below. :D

Pizzeria heaven during the sunset
My dad was always interested in the natural side of holidays and there was never a chance to rest, so this time I, myself, kept the tradition by doing some hiking to the other side of the mountains with my friends.

Perfect view of the Mediterranean coast 
Déjeuner- le sandwich, les tomates et les abricots pour le dessert
I couldn't miss a chance to buy le sandwich made from a fresh baguette in a local boulangerie!

Maybe not too french- but my second favourite pudding after.. guess and write in comments :)
Please write in comments how your perfect holiday looked like or could look like. Tell me about your visit to Marseille and what have I missed. Joyeux Noël for now my dear readers!

First time trying foie gras- I was full for the whole day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment